Saturday, December 4, 2010

Oakland is Hella Bomb!

So this week I decided to write about my main city Oakland. Like Luis if you did not know I live in Oakland, Obviously. I'm going to take an excerpt from Luis and Alex this week. So Two Response post this week basically.

Alex Tang Posted:

This was really pointed out to me the other day when I was flipping through the TV channels and I came upon this show named gang wars. This show caught my attention in particular because it was talking about the gangs and violence in Oakland. The show specifically focused on the cycle of violence. Whenever one act of of violence was committed it would be responded to by another act of violence. It is a sad truth that many people in Oakland have to deal with.
Luis Said:

Oakland is a great place to live at. If you may not know, I live in Oakland. Oakland is so much fun, so many things to do all day. You can go walking around, play sports, or just hang out with some friends. There are many places where you can go, the park, stores, or just outside. Many people out there say," Ohhhh... Oakland is dangerous, do not go outside or you will get shot." No, this hardly happens where I live, sometimes. Most danger is not during the day, it is during the night. What would you be doing at night all alone anyways. Overall, many stuff are to be done in Oakland and enjoyed, and it is my pleasure to be able to explore this amazing city.
When I first read Luis's response post I thought Alex Noble had posted this, but in fact it was Alex Tang who lives in Oakland. What the hell Alex, are you stupid. If you didn't notice this Oakland is not as violent as people portray it to be.Honestly. I live in West Oakland where there are shootings every know and again, but I've been living there for five going on six years after moving from Berkeley and I've never been Shot at.

Luis said this correctly that Oakland is an amazing city. I am so proud that I live in Oakland instead of bootsy Alameda. There's always something to do and someone to hang out with. I remember I told a friend of mine that I attended a school in Alameda and they said "Wheres that". Then I said "See, its so weak you don't even know where it is."

I am proud that I live in a city like Oakland and Alameda or Lafayette, Dublin, Plesinton. Great city's that actually mean something. For Alex to say something like crap that Oakland has to much gangs and violence, the majority of Oakland is not that Violent and in My opinion I think that its the police that make Oakland Violent.

1 Comment:

  1. Alex (Peanut) Tang said...
    Chaeck out ma response
    http://alexpeanuttang.blogspot.com/2010/12/response-to-aleahs-response-to-my-post.html

Post a Comment