Thursday, January 20, 2011

Debate Opening Statement: Facebook

I believe that Online Social networks are not harmful to society.Geography is one of the largest differences between people, beside appearances. Facebook allows us to connect with people. The Pro to this topic would be "but you can get stalked on Facebook" or "Facebook can be hacked and all your personal information can be revealed".

My response then change your password every month, or don't put your f****** personal information on there just the basics.

I don't think that people realize that we use stupid differences to divide ourselves as a people, I think that I've found out the similarities between others and I on Facebook, then on a regular day to day basis at my own school. And through Facebook I've realized that it is a very very small world, I love Facebook.

The founders of Facebook, do realize that there are risks to being on facebook; but they have come up with ways to secure facebook. For example:"every couple moths every user has to go through a facebook check, and create new password and information" (to block hacking). I think Facebook if used by the right people for the right people can be very beneficial.

The new feature, announced Thursday, makes Facebook a bit more like an online banking site. Users can identify certain "approved" computers and mobile phones that are allowed to access their Facebook accounts. If an unauthorized device tries to log in, the user will be notified of that activity by e-mail or text message, allowing them, in theory, to shut down an attack before any information is stolen.

I remember when I was in the seventh grade and I had some friends who I couldn't get in contact with (New Phone Number, and didn't check old email). but when I found them on Facebook by typing in there name(simple). I got to reconnect with them, I've connected with 3rd cousins that I haven't seen in forever. Yes to some Facebook might be addicting, but because some people don't know how to properly use Facebook we should shut down the whole site. NO.

Right now were writing about Peace and how to obtain this, my thesis is when you let go of little differences that divide us and start to bond, then we can obtain peace.  Facebook has to do something like this, when we can globally or districtly come together as a community we can help better ourselves. Think about it; No War.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment