Friday, September 24, 2010

A Path to Failure

Response to Karissa Coleman

So, I was thinking and i realized that out of pretty much all of the actors and actresses that started on Disney Channel there are very few of them that actually have a good, continuing acting career. When I was little I used to love watching Lizzie McGuire, That's So Raven and Lindsay Lohan movies. I remember when Hilary Duff was like the Miley Cyrus today. However, now we barely hear anything about her or Raven Simone and the only reason that Lindsay Lohan is still talked about is because she's a mess and is on all kinds of drugs. I guess my point in writing this is to state my opinion that most acting careers that start on TV stations like the Disney Channel don't tend to last too long.
My sister and I have the same discussion a bout this all the time. How come the people with the best voices go on Disney channel? Disney Channel takes you know where in life so its not understandable why you would go there. People like Miley Cyrus want to be huge stars but there fans and there only fans, are little kids who buys these little kid all there iCarly merchandise and Hannah Montana tickets the PARENTS. Sp if one day one  of these stars ants to hit the big screen they have to change there appearance, they have  to look older. So if these parents see Hannah Montana on a sexually clad magazine are they still going to support her no, there probably not.

That's why when I hear of great kids singer and then the nest day I hear how they got signed to Disney Channel or Nickelodeon I feel so bad. I wish I coud've went up to them and said hey"Don't do it". People don't realize if you have an magnificent voice or some sort of talent going to theses show is no the way to go because you wont get any respect and guess what? you wont get famous when you try to branch on and do your own thing, Its like Disney channel and Nick have a super hold on you.

I can make some exceptions adults who go on there to do things like Mickey Mouse Play house, and all that stuff, that's different because people don't see them as that Disney channel star.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment